Whyte & Mackay / GICF 2018 Scratch-card Promotion
Full Terms and Conditions
By entering this promotion, entrants will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them together with any other promotional material.
- The promoter is Whyte and Mackay Limited, 4th Floor, St. Vincent Plaza, 319 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5RG (the “Promoter”).
- This promotion is open to all United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 years or over. For the avoidance of doubt, this promotion is not open to residents of the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- This promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, agents, clients, suppliers, retailers, merchants and associates.
- This promotion opens at 00.01 am on 11/1/2018 and will close at 23:59 pm on 28/02/2018 (the "Promotional Period"). All entries must be received, and all redemptions made, by 28/02/2018. Any entries received or purported redemptions made outside of the Promotional Period will be automatically rejected.
- To enter, purchase a serve of Whyte & Mackay Scotch Whisky from a participating venue to receive a promotional entry card. Only one entry card shall be issued per serve, per person. Scratch the panel on the entry card to reveal both a promotional code and an “Instant Win” message.
- To enter the prize draw to win a pair of two tickets to the Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018 text the word “COMEDY” and the promotional code to 81400. Standard text charges apply. 35 pairs of tickets to the Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018 are available to be won in total during the Promotional Period.
- The prize draw will take place on 01/03/2018 involving all valid entries received during the Promotional Period. Winners will be selected by an automated process producing random winners. Winners must have been 18 years of age or older on the date of submission of their entry. Winners shall be notified within 5 working days from the date of the prize draw.
- The 35 pairs of tickets available to be won in the prize draw do not include travel, accommodation, food or any other financial contribution by the Promoter. Tickets can be redeemed for entry to the specified shows between the dates of 8th and 25th March 2018. All guests accompanying Winners must be aged 18 years or older on the date of the show.
- Access to the specified show shall be solely at the venue’s discretion and the Promoter shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever in the event that (i) any winner and/or guest fails to or is unable to attend the specified show (for any reason) (ii) any Winner and or guest is refused entry to the specified show (for any reason); (iii) the specified show is cancelled, rescheduled, oversubscribed and/or does not complete (for any reason).
- Only one entry into the prize draw may be made per person and multiple entries shall be rejected. All entries must be made directly by the person entering. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any and all entries made using script, brute force or other computer generated techniques or those not in line with the spirit of the promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- In the event a valid claim for a pair of tickets is not received by the Promoter within 7 days from the winner being notified, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw that winner’s prize entitlement. A further prize draw selection shall then take place.
- For the “Instant Win”, scratching the scratch panel on the entry card shall reveal instantly if you have won a limited edition t-shirt. 20 winning entry cards shall be available at each participating venue during the Promotional Period (200 entry cards in total at each participating venue).
- To redeem your limited edition t-shirt, provide the winning entry card to a member of the bar staff in the venue where the entry card was provided. The bar staff member shall retain the entry card as proof of redemption.
- Entry cards shall only be valid for redemption at the venue of issue and redemption shall be solely at the participating venue’s discretion. Winning “Instant Win” entry cards shall only be valid for redemption until 28 February 2018 and while stocks last.
- All prizes issued under this promotion must not be offered for resale.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw this promotion as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and, only where circumstances make this unavoidable, to substitute any prize with one of equivalent or greater value. The prize or its alternative must be accepted as offered. No cash alternative will be offered in whole or in part in connection with this promotion.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to award any prize under this promotion to a winning entrant.
- By completing and submitting the information requested for participation in this promotion, participants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of this promotion. The Promoter may disclose participants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion or communicating with participants. If a participant has so elected, participants consent to the storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter may use this information for future promotion and marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the participant via electronic messaging.
- The full name of the prize winners can be obtained from the Promoter 4 weeks from the end of the Promotional Period by way of a written request including a stamped addressed envelope.
- All winners under this promotion agree to take part in reasonable publicity, at the option of the Promoter, with no further recompense.
- The Promoter is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to the entrant that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party although it will always use reasonable endeavours to minimise any entrant disappointment.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any injury sustained, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by any entrant.
- In particular the Promoter does not assume any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or injury sustained as a result of or in connection with this promotion, including, but not restricted to:
- late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, and communications failure or otherwise;
- where there is no breach of any legal duty of care owed to the entrant;
- where any loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of breach of any such duty of care;
- where any loss or damage or increase in loss or damage results from a breach by the entrant of these terms and conditions or to the extent that the entrant has failed to mitigate such loss or damage; and
- for business losses, and/or losses to non-consumers and any other third party.
- The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters relating to this promotion.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to Scottish Law and each entrant shall be deemed to irrevocably submit to exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish Courts.
- The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.
- This Promotion is administered by Multiply UK, 26 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, Scotland for and on behalf of the Promoter.
Promoter: Whyte and Mackay Ltd, 4th Floor, St. Vincent Plaza, 319 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5RG