Whyte & Mackay / Comedy Promotion
Whyte & Mackay / Comedy Promotion
Summary Terms and Conditions
Promotion runs from 11/01/2018 to 18/02/2018 inclusive. UK 18+. No purchase necessary. T&Cs apply. To enter, simply go to www.whyteandmackay.com and describe Whyte & Mackay in 10 words or less. The funniest and most original entry, as judged by Whyte and Mackay (“Promoter”), shall win. One entry per person. Entrants consent to content being used by Promoter in any future promotional material. Competition closes at 23.59 pm on 18/02/2018. Judging will take place on 19/02/18. There are 57 prizes to be won: 1 x Prize for winner and one guest includes return train travel to Glasgow from any UK mainland rail station, 2 night’s accommodation in a minimum 4*hotel, £250 spending money and a pair of tickets to a show at the Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018. Plus a draw to win one of 56 x pairs of tickets to the Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018. Dates and show subject to availability. Full terms and conditions at www.whyteandmackay.com - Please drink responsibly.
Full Terms and Conditions
By entering this promotion, individuals will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them.
The promoter is: Whyte & Mackay Limited, 4th Floor, St. Vincent Plaza, 319 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5RG (the “Promoter”).
- The promotion is open to all United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 years or over. For the avoidance of doubt, this promotion is not open to residents of the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
- This promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter or Whyte & Mackay, their families, agents, clients, suppliers, retailers, merchants and associates.
- Entry into the competition is limited to one per person and applications from agents, third parties, consumer groups or bulk applications will not be accepted.
- No purchase necessary.
- The promotion opens at 00.01 on 11/01/2018 and will close at 23:59 on 18/02/2018 (the "Promotional Period"). Any entries received outside of the Promotional Period will be automatically rejected.
- To enter the competition, simply go to whyteandmackay.com and describe Whyte & Mackay in 10 words or less and then complete your contact details as directed.
Competition Winner Selection & Notification
- The selection of the headline prize winner will take place on 19/02/2018 from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period. Winners will be picked by Whyte & Mackay. The entry that is deemed to be the funniest and most original will be adjudged the winner. The winner will be notified by phone by the Promoter on or before 20/02/2018. In the event a claim for a prize is not received by the Promoter within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
- All entries must be in your own words and not copied. Eligible entries will be judged in accordance with these Terms and Conditions:
- Entries must not contain or refer to any third party brand and must not contain or reference any third party names, logos and/or trademarks.
- When you submit any materials via the promotion you, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licence and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use, where the moral rights in respect of the Content are yours to assert. You warrant that you have the full authority to grant these rights.
- You warrant and agree that: (a) you will not submit any Content that is unlawful, criminal or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, dangerous, obscene, derogatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, offensive, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 14, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) you will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in your Content; (c) you will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) your Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) you will comply will all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation, those governing copyright, content defamation, privacy, publicity and the access of use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, you indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms. Any entry that shows, displays and/or demonstrates any of the foregoing will not be accepted, and, if appropriate, will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
Prize Draw Winner Selection and Notification
- All entries will automatically receive 1 entry into the prize draw to win 1 of 56x pairs of ticket to the Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018. Dates and shows subject to availability.
- Winners will be selected by an automated process producing random winners and will be notified within 5 working days of the closing date.
- Winners have 14 days to claim their prize otherwise another prize draw selection will take place.
- The main prize includes:-
- Rail travel to / from Glasgow from a UK mainland station
- 2 night’s accommodation in 4* Hotel
- A pair of tickets to a show at the Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- £250 spending money
- The Winner and the guest must be available to travel between the dates of 8th and 25th March 2018 inclusive.
- There are also 56 pairs of tickets to the Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018 to be won in a final draw. The 56 Pairs of tickets do not include travel, accommodation, food or any other financial contribution by the Promoter. Tickets can be redeemed for entry to the specified shows between the dates of 8th and 25th March 2018.
- Prizes must not be offered for resale.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any injury sustained, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by any participant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the Promotion as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable and to substitute the prize with one of equivalent or greater value. The prize or its alternative must be accepted as offered. No cash alternative will be offered in whole or in part in connection with this Promotion.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to award the prize to the winning entrant.
- By completing and submitting the information requested for participation in the Promotion, participants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of this Promotion. The Promoter may disclose participants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion or communicating with participants. If a participant has so elected, participants consent to the storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter may use this information for future promotion and marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the participant via electronic messaging.
- By participating in this Promotion, individuals will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and be bound by them and by any other Promotional material.
- The full names and counties of the winners’ can be obtained from the Promoter 4 weeks from the end of the promotion.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable publicity, at the option of the Promoter, with no further recompense.
- The Promoter is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to the entrant that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party although it will always use reasonable endeavours to minimise any entrant disappointment.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to Scottish Law and each of the participants shall be deemed to irrevocably submit to exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish Courts.
- The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.
- This Promotion is administered by Multiply UK, 26 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, Scotland for and on behalf of the Promoter.
Promoter: Whyte & Mackay Limited, 4th Floor, St. Vincent Plaza, 319 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5RG